Date & time: Wed, January 17, 2024 | 09:00 - 12:00
Venue: Riyadh International Convention and Exhibition Center
Topic Description :
BOTOX- Beyond Cosmetic Utility: The Therapeutic Indications for Botulinum Toxins in the Dental Clinics “Hands-on”
- Understand the molecular structure, pharmaco-kinetics, and mechanism of action of botulinum toxin A.
- Determine the therapeutic indications of botulinum toxins encountered at the dental clinics such as bruxism/clenching due to masticatory muscles hyperactivity, facial palsy, and tardive dyskinesia.
- Review the essential head and neck anatomical structures to ensure safe clinical practice.
- Learn the best handling, storage, and reconstitution requirements for the botulinum toxin and to Practice safe and accurate injection techniques
- Recognize and manage the side effects related to botulinum toxin injections.
To have a better Hands-on experience under the guidance of the expert, kindly bring your own patient volunteer.
|09:00 – 09:30||The molecular structure, pharmaco-kinetics, and mechanism of action of botulinum toxin A.|
|09:30 – 10:00||The therapeutic indications of botulinum toxins: What you may encounter at the dental clinics|
|10:00 – 10:30||Know before you go:
1. Head and neck anatomical structures
2. Contraindications and side effects of botulinum toxin
|10:30 – 11:00||Dealing with botulinum toxin: Handling, storage, and reconstitution requirements|
|11:00 – 12:00||Hands on: Practice safe and accurate injection techniques|
(Til 15 December 2023)
(16 Dec 2023 – 20 Jan 2024)
|Student||Board Resident/ Dentist||Student||Board Resident / Dentist|
Limited seats only
Dr. Arwa Farag
Dr. Arwa Farag is an Associate Professor and Consultant of Oral Medicine/Orofacial Pain at KAUFD, Jeddah Saudi Arabia. She is also a visiting faculty at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Dr. Farag graduated with BDS from King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. She completed her residency training in Oral Medicine at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital and earned her Doctor of Medical Science Degree from Harvard School of Dental Medicine. She completed her fellowship in TMD/Orofacial Pain at TUSDM. Dr. Farag is a Diplomat of the American Board of Oral Medicine, the American Board of Orofacial Pain, and a Fellow of The Royal College of Surgeon of Edinburgh.