Young Dentist Research Award (YDRA)
A research study completed during undergraduate or internship program of the author. The scientific committee and reviewers will evaluate the full manuscripts and the top 6 manuscripts will be qualified as finalists and will be presented during the conference, 3 of which will be the winners: 1st Place, 2nd Place and 3rd Place. The allotted time of presentation will be 15 minutes for summary and 5 minutes for Q&A from the judges. Only submitting author will present and get a certificate. Non confirmation of author to present on the specified time will disqualify his/her nomination and will be replaced by the next ranking candidate.
- Author must be SDS Active Member by January 2023
- Author must be currently enrolled in a Dental Internship Program or just recently received an Internship Certificate maximum 18 months prior to the YDRA Submission Deadline.
- Abstract manuscript should be submitted with blinding of authors’ names and institutions
- Submitting the same abstract by two different authors will cause excluding of both
- Submitting the same abstract to two different award categories shall be omitted from the competition unless instructed by Awards’ committee to change the category
- Project previously submitted to other Events or Conferences is disqualified.
- Published research is not eligible for competition
- A plagiarized manuscript is disqualified.
- Authorship – Submitted cases should be of the clinician’s original work, and properly documented. Student or Resident Authors should have submitted cases approved by the Training Center Director and Case Supervisor/s.
- Ethical Approvals (IRB)– Case Reports should be conducted in full accordance with ethical principles, evidence based guidelines, dental health code and abide with local laws and regulations