Date & time: Fri, January 19, 2024 | 13:00 - 16:00
Venue: Riyadh International Convention and Exhibition Center
Topic Description :
Dental Hygienists Role in Research
- To develop participants’ background about research terminology, process and methods.
- To provide participants the needed knowledge to be able to conduct research.
- Participants should be able to: Collect necessary information regarding research ethics, the rational for conducting research.
- Conduct a purposeful literature search using on-line and off-line search strategies and critically appraise literature are emphasized in this course.
- Differentiate between different types of research designs, variables, and sampling technique hypothesis formulation and make justified selection.
- Design and write a research proposal.
|13:00 – 14:00||Introduction to Research Methods|
|14:00 – 15:00||• Literature Review and Appraisal of the literature.
• Groups work on developing research questions.
• Research proposal Elements.
|15:00 – 16:00||Research Design, Hypothesis and data collection methods.|
(Til 15 December 2023)
(16 Dec 2023 – 20 Jan 2024)
|Student||Board Resident/ Dentist||Student||Board Resident / Dentist|
Limited seats only
Dr. Diaa Almutairi
Dr. Diaa Almutairi is an Assistant Professor who is the Head of the Dental and Oral Health Department at Prince Sultan Military College of Health Sciences.
She believes that the essence of the dental hygiene profession is preventive care. Raising oral health awareness in the community significantly reduces the prevalence of caries in children.
She holds a BS in Dental and Oral Health from Prince Sultan Military College of Health Sciences, Masters of Public Health concentrating in Research Epidemiology from Loma Linda University, PhD in Dental Public Health and Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice from Queen Mary University of London