Clinical Case Presentation Awards (CCPA)
A Clinical Report that describes the author’s methods for meeting a patient treatment challenge. Submitted abstracts will be evaluated and the top 10 (10 for students; 10 for dentists) will be the qualified as finalists, and will be presented during the conference, 3 of which will be the winners: 1st Place, 2nd Place, and 3rd Place. The allotted time of presentation will be 10 minutes for Summary and 5 minutes for Q&A from the judges. Only submitting author will present and get a certificate. Non confirmation of author to present on the specified time will void his/her nomination and will be replaced by the next ranking candidate.
- Author must be SDS Active Member by January 2023
- Author may be a Dental student, Intern, Graduate student, General Dentist or Dental Specialist However, dental students, interns, and dental auxiliaries can apply for Clinical case presentation award for students, while general dentists and dental specialists can apply to Clinical case presentation award for dentists.
- Presentation should be submitted with blinding of authors’ names and institutions
- Submitting the same abstract by two different authors will cause excluding of both
- Submitting the same abstract to two different award categories shall be omitted from the competition unless instructed by Awards’ committee to change the category
- Published research is not eligible for competition
- Project previously submitted to other events or conference is disqualified.
- Authorship – Submitted cases should be of the clinician’s original work, and properly documented. Student or Resident Authors should have submitted cases approved by the Training Center Director and Case Supervisor/s.
- Ethical Approvals (IRB)– Case Reports should be conducted in full accordance with ethical principles, evidence based guidelines, dental health code and abide with local laws and regulations